- Medical for Canadian Visa in Manila
- Coastal Mall Bus Terminal 2
- 24h Apartment Hotel
- Shakey’s Pizza In SM Mall Dasmariñas Philippines
- Taygaytay and Taal Volcano Tours
- 301 Redirects – Do They Work and How Long Do They Take?
- Cooking Press Theme
- Mashed Potatoes with Bacon Bits
- Hotel Rex in Seoul South Korea
- Promoting Your Website
Mashed Potatoes with Bacon Bits
Mashed potatoes with bacon bits is a simple and delicious recipe. It makes an excellent alternative to every day run of the mill mashed potatoes. You can buy the dried bacon bits at your local grocery store or make them from scratch.
This recipe produces smooth and creamy mashed potatoes. If you find them a little too dry, simply add a touch more milk and butter. I usually use a standard potato masher, but you can use a hand mixer for a smoother texture. It is important to mash them immediately after you have removed them form the boiling water
As always, the spices can be adjusted according to your taste. Any type of potato can be used, but better quality potatoes produce a nicer dish. You can, of course, experiment with different types of potatoes. Red rose, white rose, or Yukon gold usually produce the best results for mashed potatoes as they contain less starch. Although, they do have a little less flavor.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3 – 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp bacon bits
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil some water in a pot – enough water to cover the potatoes. Place the potatoes in and boil them for about 12 – 15 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- After the potatoes are tender, transfer them to a mixing bowl. You can also mash them in the pot if you wish. Add the butter, milk, garlic powder, bacon bits, salt, and pepper to the potatoes. Using a potato masher or mixer, mash until they are smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy your mashed potatoes with bacon bits.
Watch the Cooking Video: